This comprehensive interactive training workshop will help clarify California specific leaves, how they interact with the Federal medical leaves and how to apply leaves concurrently where applicable, specifically the challenge when transitioning from FMLA to ADA.
Why should you attend:
Do you feel lost when it comes to employees who are out on medical leaves? Are you not sure which leaves apply to your employees and how? Do you have employees who abuse medical leaves because your policies are not clear? Do you confidently know how to require employees to cure incomplete medical certificates or when to get second opinions? Do you know when you can deny leave? Are you comfortable with the risks associated with terminating an employee for abuse of leave? Do you refrain from terminating underperforming employees who have been (or are on) FMLA/ADA leave because you are concerned about staying in compliance with all of the laws and regulations that apply to employee termination? Or maybe you’ve felt it’s just too hard to find the time to stay on top of these leaves and control the absences!
This interactive training workshop will provide comprehensive step by step procedures, Ms. De Lima will enable you to navigate the complex (and sometimes dangerous) network of mazes that the road of California specific leaves can take, allowing you to navigate the maze with confidence. Throughout the workshop, we will focus on how California leaves such as FEHA and CFRA interact with Federal medical leaves, such as the FMLA and ADA. Learn which leaves can run concurrently, how to make the transition from one leave to the next and what you need to document to protect yourself and your organization.
Drawing from real life scenarios, this workshop will provide you with exposure to Ms. De Lima’s Integrated Leave Management Process that include a well developed, detailed documentation processes that can easily take you through your Medical Leave travels in California and explicitly document your activities in confidence.
You’ll discover that when you clearly document the entire process in a consistent and meticulous manner, you can protect your organization from potential litigation should the need to terminate arise
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Overview of CA Specific leave laws – PDL, CFRA, FMLA, ADA, FEHA and PFL
• Explanation of their interaction with Federal leave laws – FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Compensation
• How to apply leaves that run concurrently
• How to document the transition from one leave type to the next
• Specific rights you have as an employer to deny leave for employees who use more leave than the certificate allows
• Method for curing medical certificate or getting second and third opinions
• Simple strategies to manage the medical leaves in a consistent manner to avoid expensive litigation and preserve the employer-employee relationship
• Exposure to the various forms, letters and documentation that Ms. De Lima has perfected over 22 years of consulting in the ADA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation arena.
• Guidance from an in-the-trenches HR Expert Witness on how to maintain pristine documentation in an efficient and effective way to avoid costly litigation
• Take home suggestions on how to integrate your leave policies to assure you are maximizing leave time that can run concurrently for your employees
• Obtain money saving strategies that help HR show a positive impact on the bottom line
• Real life scenarios designed for you to walk away with the skills and tools needed to immediately apply the strategies presented so you can start controlling the Medical Absence in your own workplace.
Who will benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies, not-for-profits, school districts, governmental agencies and pseudo governmental agencies.
Those that would benefit most would be the following positions located in California or with Employees in California:
• Human Resource Managers / Administration
• Risk Managers
• Benefit Specialists
• Business Owners
• General Managers
• Controllers/ CFOs / Financial Managers
Speaker, Beth Brascugli De Lima, M.B.A., SPHR-CA, SHRM-SCP, is founder, president, and principal of HRM Consulting, Inc., a California-based human resource consulting firm. Ms. De Lima provides corporate consulting on a national basis regarding employment regulations, compliance and vocational rehabilitation. This seminar is an opportunity for HR and Payroll professionals to learn strategies for consistent application of compliance regulations from an in-the-trenches HR Expert who is regularly called on to testify in court for employment litigation. Her organization has assisted corporate, not-for-profit, school districts, and governmental clients with Human Resource policy development and implementation since 1992 on a national, statewide, and local level.
Ms. De Lima has extensive experience in all areas of employment litigation including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Workers’ Compensation and is a recognized expert regarding Medical Leave Management employment law compliance. Ms. De Lima provides expert testimony for both plaintiff and defense regarding Human Resource Best Practices and Standards of Care. Her focus is to assist organizations with mitigating potential liability by offering consulting services, mediation, and interactive training to organizations, not-for-profits, government and pseudo government entities, attorneys, and school districts.
For More Details Click here: The Ultimate Guide to Navigating California Medical Leaves